Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Review: NYX Round Lipsticks

One thing you should know about me is that I don't buy too much of one stuff because:
(1) I know I won't be able to use/consume all of them.
(2) I don't want to waste money (no matter how little) on impulse buys.

Once I find products that work for me, I usually stick to them (And try my very best to be loyal, and not be tempted to try new stuffs, LOL). Hence, I only have 2 lipsticks in my entire makeup collection as of the moment.

my NYX lipsticks

These 2 lipsticks are from NYX. Here's what I like about these lippies:
(1) I find NYX Round Lipsticks very creamy (glides on easily even without a lip balm or lip primer).
(2) They are cheap at $3.50 each (regular price). Moreover, they sell for as low as $0.99 each when on sale at Cherry Culture.
(3) There is a very wide range of lovely shades (although NYX also has its share of out of this world, yucky colors! Haha!)
(4) Size is that of a typical full-sized lipstick (4g)

What I hate about them:
(1) NYX is not available locally. I bought mine from a multiply seller. She sells them for PHP 170 each.
(2) Even if there are local online NYX sellers, shade range is still limited. There is a very big chance of not getting all the shades you want from one seller.

Mars (left) and Fig (right)

The two round lipsticks that I got are MARS and FIG. I use MARS for everyday wear. It is somewhat a nude medium beige color which is perfect for day wear. I usually wear this shade with smoky looks.

swatches with flash --- Mars (left), Fig (right)

On the other hand, FIG is a very pretty pink shade which is more suitable for night wear. I usually use this on special days/occasions or when my look just needs an extra oomph.

swatches without flash --- Mars (left), Fig (right)

So there you go lovelies, I suggest you try NYX Round Lipsticks and see how it differs from other affordable lipsticks in our local makeup market. I would probably purchase other shades in the future but I am happy with these 2 right now. There are a couple of other online sellers carrying this line, all you have to do I search for the cheapest deal. Good luck! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment