Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Maffy Night Out with the Gurls

Yes, the same title as one of my facebook photo albums. Haha! I went out with my high school pals from Holy Family Academy last March 13. I almost didn't make it. I found the girls parked in front of Caca's dental cinic (well it's really not named after her, but it is owned by her family so it's technically Caca's, LOL). Obviously, I was the last to arrive. We couldn't choose where to eat (nominees were de Paolo's, Grill 99, etc.) So Caca just drove and drove until we reached SM Clark. Maan and Apol had dinner at an Inasal Resto (no, it's not the Mang Inasal one but the one endorsed by Judy Ann, forgot the name, sorry). The meal titles were hilarious by the way (i.e. Buhay na Buhay Meal, Habang may Buhay Meal, Pampahaba ng Buhay Meal or something of that sort). Caca and I already had our dinner so we just ordered some deserts.

Dinner with Maan, myself, and Apol (Caca as photographer)

What did we talk about during dinner? Basically, Caca's romantic triumphs and heartaches. Cia, Caca's biologically-identical-but-not-so-identical twin sister wasn't able to come due to a prior commitment (read: romantic date with *toot*)

@Cioccolo: This is where we were originally seated...

@Cioccolo: But then we transferred to another spot...

After dinner, we drove to Cioccolo for some coffee. We were surprised to see a lot of people. Apparently, there was either a school prom or 18th birthday party celebration in Grand Palazzo Royale which almost automatically triggered a part of our brain to reminisce our own JS prom. Haha! And there was a live band playing. The music was too loud so we just stayed inside the coffee shop. We perched ourselves in a comfy sofa set and chatted the night away. We all had blended iced coffee and Caca, being the voracious eater that she is, ordered a slice of pistachio sansrival which she selflessly shared with everyone.

Cioccolo interiors

Pistachio Sansrival

Maan and I were more than happy to share some new terms to the other two: maffy and badaff. Maffy meaning "mafeeling" and Badaff meaning "bading". On the other hand, Apol entertained us with first-hand showbiz news fresh from the ABS-CBN Compound. LOL! But the highlight of the night was undeniably Maan's explosive exploits on Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago. I think it is too shocking and morbid to blurt out in the open.

Mirror image shot

Ladies' Comfort Room (LOL)

When almost all people had left Cioccolo, we went out of the coffee shop and took some (or should I say tons and tons) of pictures. And yes, we were the last people to leave the place. I was able to reach home at around 2:15 in the morning. It was a tiring but fun night. We each even had an assignment to upload the photos as soon as we reach home. Haha!

Favorite shot of the night

Reminds me of the Arch of the Centuries in UST
(I can't remember if I passed through it during our Baccalaureate Mass but I most probably did)

UPDATE: Caca is now over the top excited for our next night out that she can't concentrate on reviewing for her finals in UST Med School. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment