Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Avon and Ever Bilena Mini Haul

On the very few chances that I get out of the house (LOL), I always see to it to come by our local mall (which is along my way home anyway). One day, I needed to post a package for one of my buyers. So before taking the jeepney ride headed home, I swung by Nepo Mall.

I have been wanting to get a powder foundation from Avon but told myself to just wait till it's on sale. There's this one stall there that stocks up on Avon products, hence you don't have to wait for days for your order to arrive.

I bought the Avon Simply Pretty Shine No More Dual Powder Foundation SPF 13 in Almond. They didn't have any testers and these foundations come sealed so there is no way for me to check the actual color. My only reference for color is their brochure. I was originally planning to buy the darkest shade (Natural) but they don't have available stocks for it. And so I settled for Almond (this foundation only comes in 3 shades by the way). The SA reaffirmed my choice by saying that Natural would be too dark for me. I bought it for PHP 199.

Then I checked Robinson's Department Store. I went straight to their tiny cosmetics section. As I was browsing through the stands of different local makeup brands, I decided to go for Ever Bilena. I bought 2 Ever Bilena Single Blushes in Tan and Brown. I personally like sun-kissed, natural look so baby pink blushes (and other blush shades for fair-skinned folks) are a big no-no for me. Each blush is sold for PHP 100.

There's another kind of EB blush that comes with a brush applicator. It is prized at PHP 150. Both blushes (the ones that I bought and this other kind) are 4g in size. So when you come to think of it, you bought the applicator brush (which is no good in my opinion) for an additional PHP 50. Who would want to waste PHP 50 on a useless brush right? Hahaha!

Oh well, enough of the talking, here are some photos of my latest mini haul:

Avon Simply Pretty Shine No More Dual Powder Foundation SPF 13 in Almond (top)
Ever Bilena Single Blush in Tan (left)
Ever Bilena Single Blush in Brown (right)

click to enlarge

Labels at the back

Quick swatches (no flash)
I can't seem to see a big color difference between the blushes.

with flash

I will try to do some reviews on these products as soon as I can. Enjoy the rest of the week lovelies! ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment