Thursday, April 8, 2010

Strawberrynet Temptations

Today, I checked Strawberrynet and guess what I found? Stila products under $8! OK let's try that one more time, Strawberrynet is selling a couple of Stila products under $8! Waaah! Good Lord! Just imagine that, $8 inclusive of shipping to the Philippines! I must be so lucky today! Hahaha!

I have ordered stuff, mainly makeup, from this online shop a couple of times now. I love their service and discount program. As much as I could, I only buy branded makeup that are not priced over $20. Like for example, I was able to get 2 Shu Uemura Glow On Blushes for only $16.50 each (inclusive of shipping to the Phil) from Cosme-de.com. These are priced at $21 each on the Shu site and PHP1,500 each in local Shu counters in select malls in Manila. Unlike in the States where clearance sales and BOGO's on cosmetics are abundant, it is very hard to get great makeup deals here in the Philippines. In times like these, the worldwide web is my only hope. LOL!

Strawberrynet homepage

So going back to Stila, as I was browsing the Strawberrynet website (I always directly go to their "promo/sale" page), I found something that made my heart leap for joy. The Stila Contouring Trio is priced at only $6. On the Stila website, it says that it is a $54 value but is priced at $16.


Stila Contouring Trio Powder

The other "discovery" I had was the Stila Perfecting Foundation sticks. There are 13 shades available and most importantly, they are priced at only $7.50 each! These foundations are sold for $30 each on the Stila website. I may be along Shades D, E, or F. Haha! Consumer reviews reported that this item has been discontinued in the US.


Stila Perfecting Foundation Stick

I checked Makeupalley.com for reviews on both products. The Contouring Trio had an average review of 4.6 (5 being the highest). The main con of this trio is one of its powder being too sparkly/glittery for the face. But others commented that I makes up for a great eyeshadow (according to some reviews, it is very comparable to Stila e/s in Kitten). On the other hand, the Perfecting Foundation only fared an average consumer rating of 3.5. Most are saying that it is too yellowy (well I think that is not a problem for me, haha!) and the size is a bit small (6g net wt.)

My BF usually doesn't approve of my inclination towards makeup (yeah, grrrrr right? LOL). But when I told him that I was tempted to get these, I had his approval. Up until this moment, I haven't made up my mind whether to order or not. And if I decided to go for it, I still don't know what shade/s to get. Waaah! Help, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment